5540 McNeely Drive • Ste. 202
Raleigh, North Carolina 27612 

Workers’ Comp Benefits for Injured Municipal & State Employees

North Carolina State employees who are injured on the job are covered by the workers’ compensation laws of the State of North Carolina.

The State of North Carolina is self-insured, which means that agencies do not purchase insurance coverage for workers’ compensation, but pay claims out of the state budget, as they occur. The State contracts with a Third Party Administrator to handle the workers' compensation claims of most of its agencies.

If you are a North Carolina State Employee or if you are a City employee of a municipality in the State of North Carolina who has suffered a work-related injury or illness, you have a right to workers’ compensation benefits. To start your claim, you must report your injury to your employer and complete a Form 18.

North Carolina State Government Workers Compensation Employee Handbook

State employees may review the North Carolina State Government Workers Compensation Employee Handbook: Click Here.

Workers’ Comp Benefits

If you are a State employee and injured on the job, you are entitled to (1) Medical Care & Rehabilitation, (2) a portion of your Lost Wages, and (3) compensation for any Permanent Injury.

Raleigh Law Firm Charges No Fees Unless We Get Results

We handle workers’ compensation cases for State and City employees on a contingency fee basis. You don’t have to pay any attorney fees unless we get results for you. If you have questions or concerns about your workers’ compensation claim, please contact the North Carolina workers' compensation lawyers at Hemmings & Stevens, PLLC today. To schedule a free consultation with an attorney to discuss your specific injury, e-mail us or call us at 919.277.0161. Based in Raleigh, we handle workers’ compensation cases statewide.